Calvary Temple of Praise Inc. was founded and established in December of 1990 by its current Senior Pastor, Paul P. Wright and his wife Alberta. Calvary originally started at 1402 W. 16th Street, Sanford, FL. In Calvary’s first service, there were six adults and six children. Shortly thereafter, Calvary began to grow in number, with families joining.
The present vision for Calvary Temple of Praise Inc. is inspired from St. Luke 1:17 concerning the mission of John the Baptist: “To turn the heart of the fathers to the children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; and to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.” We believe also that the earth is cursed unless the hearts of the fathers are turned to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, according to Malachi 3.
Calvary Temple of Praise Inc. relocated to, 2020 McCracken Road on Sunday, August 8, 1999. We believe this facility will enable us to minister to the wounded and lost. It is a multipurpose facility consisting of classrooms, a kitchen, restrooms, and administrative offices. The main sanctuary can seat approximately one thousand individuals. As the vision of Calvary progressed, there was a need to expand our facilities. Plans were developed to build a new fellowship hall. On December 7, 2008, the Calvin and Dorothy Elam Fellowship Hall was completed and dedicated. The fellowship hall is a 10,000 square foot facility with a commercial kitchen. This facility will assist in meeting ministry outreach needs and other demands.
Presently, Pastor Wright and several appointed Church Elders assist in carrying out the spiritual aspects of the ministry. Calvary also has a Board of Directors who helps to oversee the operations and functions of the church, along with other ministry and department leaders.